To treat nail fungus at home, it is necessary to use special medicines. Therapy techniques vary for initial and advanced stage of the disease. Recognize each of them it is possible in certain symptoms. In and of itself a disease called onychomycosis. Do not leave things to chance, because the disease's long, difficult treated. A certain drug against the nail fungus of the feet is chosen depending on the severity of the symptoms.
What is nail fungus
Onychomycosis is one of the infectious diseases most common-causing micro-organisms such as yeasts and molds fungi. Due to their rapid diffusion the nail plate begin to turn yellow, crack, crumble, and grease. Consequently, the reproduction of the fungus can completely lose the nail. In the absence of treatment are crumble. To be infected by a fungus easily in public places. This is especially true for the saunas, swimming pools, beaches, beauty salons, fitness-club.
From the one that appears
The majority of cases, infection occurs through the common with a sick person's objects for the house or her shoes. More prone to the nail fungus are people with excessive sweating of the feet. This foot fungus appears in adults, in children it is celebrated much less. The causes of the development of the disease are:
- wear uncomfortable shoes;
- the lack of hygiene;
- disorders of the endocrine system and the nervous system;
- weakening of the immune system;
- poor circulation of the lower limbs;
- often visit places with high humidity;
- infectious and chronic diseases;
- strain stop;
- diseases of the blood vessels.
Types of nail fungus of the feet
There are different types of fungi that can be amazed at the nail in the foot. The principal of these are considered to be the following:
- The musty. Shock them more prone people with weakened a long illness. The nail becomes bluish, yellowish or greenish hue, can also become black. To completely remove the fungus on the nails of the feet, it is possible for 1-2 months.
- Yeast. The nail becomes uneven, it is covered by furrows and waves, becomes yellow or brown. With the progression of the disease plate are delayed from the bed. Nail pillows this fester, to thicken.
- Dermatophytes. Appear yellow stains on the nail plate. The edge of the nail leave the bed. While the deterioration of the yellow absorbs completely the nail.
The first disease affects the large toes. For a long time she breaks a nail. With the spread of the fungus affects the other fingers. The man feels a strong itch between them. The skin begins to peel away and crack. Way the disease manifests itself with the following symptoms:
- The color change of the nail plate. Under normal conditions is transparent, has a pinkish color. After fungal defeat color of the nails change color to yellow, brown or black.
- Thickening of the nail plate. Happens reinforced his keratinization, and then becomes thick. In advanced cases is also interfering with the treatment.
- The break up. In the absence of a correct therapy occurs the destruction of the nail plate, you completely crumble.
Signs of defeat of the fungus are different depending on the stage of onychomycosis. The infection happens quickly, and recognize the disease, it is possible for the following symptoms:
- In the first phase. Simple eye recognize very difficult. This is only a doctor, which increases repeated able to see small pale spots.
- In the second phase. Pathology continues to progress. Small stripes and spots become entire grooves. This leads to the destruction of the plate. Disappear the shine of the nail plate, it begins to turn yellow.
- In the third phase. When you ignore early symptoms may completely lose the nail. The skin around it will be red and scaly. The nail is fully layered. In this context, it is observed an unpleasant smell
How to diagnose the fungus
The external manifestations of the disease only confirm the defeat of the toenails fungal infection. The cause of the disease can be understood only with the help of laboratory tests. To assign adequate therapy onychomycosis differ with psoriasis, red to deprive ourselves, etc. If there are signs of worth, contact the mycologist or a dermatologist. Diagnostic methods are the following:
- Microsporia. Is scraping the nail plate. For the sampling of the material the nail shall produce a special substance, reduce the keratin. In this way the material more easy to explore.
- The research of bacteria. Consists in placing the material in a fertile soil. The causative agent of infection to determine the speed of growth, color, and shape of the colonies. This search allows you to find the sensitivity of the organism to the drugs.
- Diagnosis DNA. This method identifies areas defeat only from dermatophytes and from candida fungus. The diagnosis is made with special machines and expensive.
How to treat nail fungus in feet
Depending on the clinical form of the manifestations of the disease, the size of the area affected and the degree of change of the nail, the doctor prescribes a comprehensive treatment. Therapy may include:
- ointments, creams, lotions, drops, sprays for disinfection and the treatment of the shoes that help in case of fungal infection of mild or moderate severity;
- the tablet with the overflow of the disease in a heavy phase;
- the surgical removal of the nail plate in cases of severe or recurrent infections;
- folk remedies, for example, baking soda, garlic, hydrogen peroxide, ointment of birch tar, tea tree oil, tincture of celandine, propolis, acetic acid.
In the initial phase
When small amount of defeat to cure the onychomycosis will help local therapy. Here are the patches with the effect of crumbling, medicines, enamels, creams, gels and ointments. These drugs are effective only in the initial stages of onychomycosis. Are applied directly to the damaged nail and its surrounding tissue for a long period of time. Sometimes, the complete cure takes about a year.
Launched the fungus
If the disease is already running, external means will be just as effective. You need to use drugs for internal application. Here are antifungal tablets and capsules. They inhibit the development of the pathogen, blocking its spread. Also, the tablets have a prolonged effect, so as to reduce the likelihood of reinfection.
To treat nail fungus in feet
Depending on the stage of the disease, the doctor prescribes to patients of certain medications. The main groups of antifungal drugs are:
drugs for systemic use;
- funds for local application.
The last group of drugs includes a variety of medications that are applied directly on the affected area on the nail. The main ones are:
In the early stages of the disease, it is possible to use an antifungal lucky. They contribute to softening of the nail plate, improve the concentration in them of the therapeutic substance.
Ointments and creams
The effectiveness of the local products is due to direct contact of the drug with the lesion. In the first phase of the disease is prescribed only medications, because pills have more side effects.
If the signs of nail fungus in the feet indicate the launch of the stage of the disease, the doctor prescribes more serious anti-fungal drugs in pill form.
If the nail fungus of the feet in advanced stage and not curable with the help of medications, are used more radical methods. One of the most effective ways is laser therapy. Under the influence of the rays the spores of the fungi die. Moreover, the laser does not cause damage to surrounding tissue. Also launched the phase of onychomycosis can be cured for 3-4 treatments.
The treatment of nail fungus in the foot folk remedies
Ways to treat fungus on the nails of the feet folk remedies, it is worth to use together with the application of a medication drugs. This is especially true for the advanced stage of the disease. In this case, the application is only popular recipes it does not help. At the first sign of onychomycosis, you can use vinegar, iodine, kombucha, tincture of celandine.
To get rid of the fungus used apple cider vinegar. Must be mixed with hot water in a ratio of 1:1. In this solution you need to keep your feet for about 15-20 minutes. Then the legs need to dry completely. Repeat the procedure is recommended daily for 2 weeks. During this time, you can see as it begins to grow again, not damaged by a fungus nail.
Effective treatment of nail fungus in the feet is made, and with the help of iodine. The course of treatment is 3 weeks. Every day you need the iodine treatment affected the nail plate. It is important to permanently delete the tip of the nail, what else. This tool from mushrooms in the walk enjoys excellent reviews. Iodine can also be used for hot baths. To this 10 drops of oil dissolved in 0,5 l of water, hover in her foot in just 10 minutes.
With the help of kombucha compresses. For this reason, the plate tool is required to attach the patient to the nail, wrap with cling film and a bandage. Above is required to wear socks. Better to do the procedure for the night, and in the morning your legs rinse with warm water, after that remove the affected areas and lubricate it with iodine. Many patients notice a sharp pain, but if you come, the more quickly it can heal from the fungus.
Fresh celandine is necessary to chop, squeeze the resulting pulp in orange juice, using 3-4 layers of cheesecloth. It is necessary to take the most of the grass, to obtain 200 ml of liquid. You add 200 ml of 70% alcohol and leave to infuse for a whole day. Ready to the midst of smeared hit after 10 minutes of steaming of the feet and their complete drying. During the course of treatment is not less than 10-12 days. For a day on the nail plate to treat 3-4 times.