If you recognize the fungus in the foot in an initial stage, and the time to start the treatment, there is a large chance of rapid healing and minimise the use of drugs, anti-fungal, that most of them represent a health hazard (in particular the liver), prolonged use. Unfortunately, not always and not all are able to react to the bells first appeared in the fungal defeat, as well as the symptoms in the initial phase is very similar, with light skin manifestations. I know the feeling, when he discovered that the yellow spot on the nail plate on the finger of the foot, the first thoughts that come to mind, nothing, cut, grow, healthy, clean claw or banged somewhere, will soon pass. Or there was a small peeling in the interdigital folds, which in 90% attributed to dry skin and begin to treat moisturizers. But behind all these "harmless" events more often, and hides all of the family and hated by a fungus of the foot.
Trigger factors and sources of infection
Pregnancy can cause the development of fungal diseases, as well as the woman in this period we can observe a strong decrease in immunity and hormonal disorders.
The fungus in the foot, as with many diseases, may not develop itself – for its onset and progression need a favorable environment. There are a number of factors, diseases that cause the appearance of this disease:
- drastic reduction of immunity;
- the lack or irregularity of personal hygiene;
- increased sweating;
- diabetes mellitus;
- flat foot;
- vascular diseases of the lower limbs;
- permanent abrasion and injuries;
- surgical interventions, etc.
We list the most popular causes of fungus of the foot, but also an incorrect power supply or long intake of antibiotics can also cause the development of fungal infections.
The infection occurs most often after the use of shoes of a sick person or visit public showers. In recent years, moreover, we celebrate the rapid growth of the distribution of the fungus through manicure devices. The sources of infection it is still possible to include:
- products for the personal hygiene of the sick (sponge, pumice);
- the things of an infected person (socks, stockings, shoes, slippers, pants);
- paul (especially wood) in bathrooms, showers and gyms.
The agents of the fungus in the feet is very resistant to environment and differ for the fact that you can a long time, to be in a latent condition in wood, towels, socks. The period of aggravation – spring and autumn.
How to recognize a fungus of the foot in the initial phase?
Here expert dermatologists recommend to pay attention not only external, but also internal signs. Pay attention, that all go in the bathroom, swimming pools, sunbathe on the beach, but the fungus only affects individual people? The fact is that for its development requires a supportive environment – reduced resistance of the body. This condition can occur in the presence of concomitant diseases or recently transferred processing activities, during which they have been used antibiotics or hormonal drugs.
Now let's talk about the manifestation of the fungus on the skin of the foot. The primary symptoms are:
- cracks in the interdigital folds;
- desquamation between the toes;
- the hardening of the skin on the heels;
- drops the skin of the feet, toes;
- deformation of the nail plate (thickening or thinning);
- the change in coloration of the nails (yellow, brown, black);
- redness and swelling of the feet;
- the appearance of red spots on the sides and the inner part of the legs;
- flakes over the entire surface of the foot;
- itching of varying intensity (depending on the localization and pathogenic);
- stink (occurs more often in people who suffer from excessive sweating).
In the case of deep mycosis can occur in the appearance of bubbles, scabs, and cracks, which are accompanied by severe itching and pain. In some cases the lesions are located in places that because of strong pains no chance of becoming in the leg. This can cause the temporary loss disability and mobility problems.
The variety and classification
As you already know, fungal infections can be invoked by different pathogens, on the basis of this, may vary the location of outbreaks of defeats. Often athlete's foot may be convened:
- candid mycosis;
- deep mycosis.
All of mycosis stop today are considered to be self-sufficient, diseases caused by different pathogens, and localized in different areas of the foot, but they are all united by one name – the fungus in the foot. The most common are:
- Rubrofitiya stop. Approximately 60% of all fungal infections stop. The high contagiousness and prevalence among some layers of the population. The initial phase rubromikoza stop characteristic defeat between the folds of the toes. In the following, the process in question, the sole and the inner side of the foot. The defeat of the nail is plastic when rubrofitii observed in every third patient. Very often merges with the mushroom in hand, especially when generalized rubromikoze.
- Epidermo fungal infections. To him relate directly to the two individual diseases – Epidermofitiya stop and Epidermofitiya inguinal-femoral folds. In both cases, the lesions are localized to the foot. Epidermofitii stop characterized by a defeat in the folds between the toes, the sole and the rear part of the foot. Less frequently, the process spreads on the nails (usually V I, and the fingers of the feet). Lesions covered with scales and crusts. Is this itching of varying intensity. In more severe cases, you may experience discomfort, and headaches. Inguinal Epidermofitiya manifests itself in the form of large peeling spots in the groin, on the inner side of the legs, hips and perianal. Lesions may reach the size of a large plate, accompanied by a slight itching, flaking and swelling.
- Onychomycosis. Each year, the prevalence of fungal infections of the nails, is in constant growth. Only now (according to statistics in mid-2016) 10-18% of russians diagnosed onychomycosis nails of varying severity. Of great importance in their development play social and environmental factors. Also at risk are people who have problems with the cardiovascular, the immune and the endocrine system. Men suffer from 1.3 times more often than women. In children onychomycosis, are extremely rare, the peak of the head – between the ages of 50 and 70 years.
- Candidiasis et al. Rarely, but there are cases of injury of the foot Candida fungi. In some cases candida balanoposthitis can spread the genitals and in the perianal area and groin-folds. A little more often yeast fungi are found on the nails. In the initial phase it is celebrated on the pain of the nail cushion is pressure sensitive that can be pus. With time, its color becomes brown-brown hue.
There are still rubrofitiya smooth skin, but injury when you are rarely found in the foot. But rubromikozu groin characteristic defeat the inner leg red spots.
The treatment and prevention
The diagnosis of mold on the legs includes inspection of the clinical picture, take curettage with injury, possession of microscopic examination (find thread mycelium) and bacterial seeding to the definition of the culture of mushrooms. Before visiting the doctor can't manage any injuries by any means! The differential diagnosis spend with eczema, skin rashes, and contact dermatitis.
Treatment Epidermofitii and rubrofitii in the groin takes place with the help of external medicines (often Clotrimazole). The prospects are positive, the duration of therapeutic intervention is rarely more than a month. As prevention it is recommended the treatment of injuries hot solutions, in the presence of itching can be assigned antihistamines.
The most difficult things with mycosis stop and onichamicosi, as well as the initial phase are very difficult to treat and prone to relapse. The most effective is a combination of external and system of drugs, the strict application of the dosage, of personal hygiene and rules for disinfection. Well proven mixture of diflucan in capsules and terbinafine in the form of ointment (treatment of injuries 2p/via within a month). Great attention when a fungus of the foot is facing treatment shoes and socks, which can be a cause of a relapse. Socks, preferably boiled or washed at 90 degrees, orthotics and shoes inside, it is necessary to develop a solution of chlorhexidine.
And the most important thing is to remember that today the fungus in the foot, detected at an early stage, can be cured with modern medicines, but in execution onychomycosis and fungal infections stop can be treated for months and even years.